Are you ready to take your skills to the next level in an industry that is evolving at rapid speed? Are you ready to make real impact at a company rather than being caught as a cog in the corporate wheel or trapped in an ever-narrowing role at a startup? Then it’s time to take a look at Digital Currency Group — the preeminent investor in the emerging bitcoin and blockchain industry.
About Digital Currency Group
DCG’s mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system. We build and support blockchain companies by leveraging our insights, network, and access to capital. DCG provides the foundation upon which great companies are built, and to date, we have invested in more than 140 companies in 30+ countries around the world.
The Director of Operations and Workplace Experience is a unique opportunity for someone to push this mission forward with us. We are looking for an energized, motivated, action-oriented individual who knows how to keep an office and the people in it running on all cylinders. This person must be a self-starter, a lifelong learner, and someone who is constantly pushing things over the finish line. This role will report into the VP, Finance and manage the Receptionist/Facilities Associate.
· Occupancy: Responsible for managing the office space, including landlord relationship and all occupancy related vendor management, office maintenance and improvements, as well as finding/negotiating space for future office moves
· Purchasing and Vendors: Handle all purchasing, and manage relationship with vendors and suppliers, research and secure new vendors when necessary
· IT and Cybersecurity Management: Main contact for IT vendor, be the connective tissue between our team and IT, including assurance that we continue to maintain the highest levels of cybersecurity, security audits + improvements, hack prevention and recovery
· Tech Stack/Infrastructure: Understand overall needs and what we’re using now, search for new solutions, manage program licenses
· Corporate Transportation: Support management of company car, manage relationships for reliable car service providers, and travel programs for company to use (Hertz, Delta)
· Physical Security: Manage security vendor, security audits + improvements as recommended, visitor management
· Corporate Cell Phone Account: Deploy new phones, upgrades, manage account, liaise with representative
· Process and documentation: Ensuring we have employee written documentation of processes to ensure best practices, controls, and redundancy for all company processes
· Special Projects: Relocation, acquisitions, divestitures
· Recruiting: Job posting, resume screening, interviews, candidate communication
· Onboarding/Separation: Offer and separation letters, training, employee handbook, swag bag, employment verification, employee contact list and face-book, exit interviews
· Policy Owner: Update and enforce policies (travel, purchasing, information, etc.)
· Payroll/Benefits: Manage PEO, engage and work with outsourced benefits provider, employment verification, liaison between employees and benefit provider
· Dedicated Counselor: Dedicated individual to communicate with for any formal or informal complaints, or to turn to for guidance / advice on addressing employment matters
· Employee performance: Establish and maintain framework for tracking and communicating employee performance and support team members with career development
Candidate Must Haves:
· 8+ years professional experience in office management and human resources
· Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
· Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
· Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
· Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
· Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
· Appreciation of input and candid feedback
· Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
Application can be submitted using this form.